Part time Assistant to the Clerk
The Parish Council is seeking to recruit an individual to carry out administrative duties relating to the work of Bradwell Parish Council and deputise for the Clerk to the Council in the Clerk’s absence.
The position is for 20 hours per week, 5 hours per day, Monday to Thursday.
Salary Scale NJC: SCP 18 – 22 (£18,070 - £20,661 pro-rata).
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate excellent organisation and communication skills with a proven background in dealing with members of the public. Experience of working with Microsoft Office products is essential together with an understanding of financial operations within a business.
Candidates must be able to work on their own initiative and have experience of working both as part of a team and on an individual basis. Given the nature of the role there is a need for flexibility and there will be an element of lone and out of hours working and some local travel.
Specific duties of the role:
- To provide administrative support to the Clerk to the Council and Council Members as required
- To assist with the preparation of agendas and reports and take minutes at full council meetings in the Clerk's absence
- To administer Heelands Meeting Place
- To administer the Parish Allotments
- To deal with routine items of correspondence
- To monitor parish planning requests and ensure information is provided in a timely manner
- To liaise with the public and Milton Keynes Council as required
- To assist where required to ensure the smooth running of parish events
- To assist with communications via the parish notice boards, newsletter and website.
An application pack (including the job description, person specification and application form) can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 4th May.
CV’s will not be accepted.
Interviews are expected to take place on 21st May.